Thomas J. McDonald
- Professional + Civic
Tom is a transactions lawyer focusing on real estate, construction, and corporate and commercial transactions.
With regard to real estate, Tom represents builders, developers, investors, owners, infrastructure groups, lenders, municipalities, golf course owners and operators, and others. His practice encompasses the acquisition, development, financing, lease and sale of residential, commercial, office, industrial, and agricultural properties throughout Arizona.
Tom also has significant experience with public-private transactions, development agreements, community facilities districts, utility agreements, and other infrastructure issues.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Transaction Privilege Tax (coauthor), Commercial Executive (2016)
- Arizona Corporate Practice (coauthor), Thomson Reuters
- Arizona State Board of Real Estate Transactions Manual-First Edition, (Contributing Author)
- Represented major homebuilders for more than 20 years, including helping several homebuilders open and grow Arizona divisions.
- More than 20 years’ experience negotiating and preparing multi-developer and builder joint development agreements for onsite and offsite improvements, including regional road, regional drainage, wastewater treatment plants and water campuses.
- Lead lawyer on acquisition and development of IRIS USA Western USA corporate headquarters, which includes a rail-served manufacturing, distribution and R&D facility.
- Arizona State Land Department transactions, including one of the first utility scale solar leases and one of the first mixed-use and condominium leases.
- Infill representation including public-private parking facilities.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association Sections of Real Estate, Construction, and Corporate, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Arizona Sections of Real Estate, Construction, and Corporate, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- Valley Partnership Legislative Committee, Member
- Home Builders Association of Central Arizona, Member
- University of Michigan Ross Club of Phoenix, President
- ASU Alliance for Construction Excellence – Public Private
Partnerships and Policy Committee Chair
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council-Community Building Consortium (2010-2019)
- Lambda Alpha International, Member