- Professional + Civic
Dick is a founding member of Gammage & Burnham. Since his admission to the Arizona Bar in 1976, he has developed an extensive commercial litigation, administrative law and legislative practice which evolved to emphasize health care reimbursement matters. He and the firm’s other health care lawyers represent essentially every hospital facility within Arizona, as well as other types of medical providers.
Dick has handled all manners of commercial litigation, including complex litigation against the State of Arizona arising out of the insolvencies of early Medicaid (AHCCCS) providers. He has handled over 30 reported appellate decisions with an overwhelmingly favorable win/loss record. He has litigated in a variety of courts including the United States Supreme Court, the United States Claims Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Arizona Supreme Court, the Arizona Court of Appeals, and Arizona trial courts.
Prior to founding Gammage & Burnham, Dick was a partner with Jennings, Strouss & Salmon. In 1983 he founded Gammage & Burnham with fellow partners Grady Gammage, Jr. and Mike King.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Supreme Court
Professional & Community Involvement
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- Health Care Financial Management Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Arizona Zoological Society, Past President and Board Member
- Arizona Center for Nature Conservation, Board Member