- Professional + Civic
Tim has experience in a wide array of commercial transactions and corporate governance matters. He has worked with clients to close asset-based term loans, form businesses and non-profits, document mergers and acquisitions, negotiate workouts, draft licensing agreements, and successfully close private placements. Tim regularly works with major lending institutions, healthcare organizations, technology companies, investors and small businesses.
Tim graduated first in his class from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, and received the college’s top honor in the John S. Armstrong Award. He received the Ross-Blakley Law Library Award for Exemplary Student Research for his article, “California’s Big Blank Check: What the QSA Means for the Salton Sea,” which was published in the spring 2014 issue of the Arizona State Law Journal. Tim was also recognized as a Willard H. Pedrick Scholar and a Rebecca and Michael Berch Scholar. In 2016, Tim was honored to be named as one of Arizona’s Top Pro Bono Attorneys.
In law school, Tim was consistently at the top of his class, receiving CALI awards in contracts, constitutional law, professional responsibility, evidence, conflict of laws, and jurisprudence. Tim enjoyed the privilege of serving as the Executive Articles Editor for the Arizona State Law Journal, and completing an externship with the Arizona Supreme Court Staff Attorney’s Office.
A native Arizonan, Tim is likely reading or spending time with his family when he isn’t working.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Assist with documentation of and closing of major real-estate secured loan for acquisition of multi-state real estate portfolio.
- Formation of bankruptcy-remote entity structure in connection with commercial mortgage-backed securities requirements.
- Represent major health care non-profit organization with respect to Stark / Anti-Kickback compliance for vendor contracts and medical office leases, and for compliance with federal grant requirements.
- Served as lender’s counsel in connection with a complex, multi-tranche acquisition and development loan for a world-class resort in Hawaii.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, Board Member and Outreach Committee Chair