- Professional + Civic
Pat has built a proven track record that spans more than 35 years, specializing in real estate, commercial lending, business organizations and commercial transactions.
When it comes to the complexities of practicing commercial law in Arizona, Pat understands what it takes to successfully manage the acquisition, development and sale of property as well as the borrowing that facilitates the growth of her clients’ businesses. Though now mostly retired, she represents (and works with other of the firm’s lawyers who represent) numerous small and medium-sized companies and their owners in a wide range of businesses, and regularly advises clients about business governance issues, employment-related matters and the broad spectrum of challenges that confront business owners. She also advises clients on choice of entity issues (for example, whether a corporation or an LLC is preferable in a given situation) and assists clients in the myriad of issues at play in establishing a new business. She was the chair of the firm’s Corporate and Estate Planning practice group from inception until the end of 2020.
For several years in the past, and again in 2023, Pat was named Lawyer of the Year (Business Organizations, including LLCs and Partnerships) by Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Her effective representation and commitment to protecting her clients is also evidenced by her Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, the highest rating an attorney can receive from other legal professionals – a rating she’s held since 2002. She has also been named by Martindale-Hubble to its Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers since 2011. In 2018, she was named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona by AZ Business.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona
- Represented sellers, buyers, lenders and borrowers in numerous multi-million dollar transactions.
- Represented the developer of a 900-acre residential golf community.
- Represented hundreds of small businesses in a broad spectrum of business matters.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Phoenix Art Museum, Board of Trustees (For over 15 years, ending in 2016)
- Maricopa County Bar Foundation Member (Board of Trustees, 1999–2011; Treasurer, 2000-2003; President, 2003-2004)