Joseph P. Richardson
- J.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, University of Kansas, 1985
- M.S., Columbia University, 1976
- M.A., Columbia University, 1974
- B.A., Lawrence University, 1973
- Professional + Civic
When Joseph is not managing multi-million-dollar transactions for start-ups or established businesses, he decompresses by finding the open road on two wheels. But, Joseph’s passion for helping his clients is what truly drives him. Spanning more than 35 years, his practice is centered around representing both sellers and buyers in mergers, acquisitions and other entity-based transactions.
In addition to advising corporate officers and boards of directors on corporate law and corporate governance issues, he has represented commercial air carriers and, more recently, owners of corporate jets and helicopters. He also represents issuers in private placements of securities and community banks in organization and in capital raising matters. He served as general counsel to the organizers of Scottsdale Community Bank, which in January 2022 was the first Arizona community bank to be successfully established in 14 years.
Over the course of his career, Joseph has earned recognition by Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers. He was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as “Lawyer of the Year” in Phoenix for 2019 in the area of Corporate Governance.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Representing three organizing groups in community bank formations.
- Represented the sale and acquisition of Boeing Business Jets and Gulfstream 550s for a leading Las Vegas resort.
- Represented a local Nasdaq company in several of its acquisitions of specialized providers of unique business assets.
- Assisted buyers and investors in several Arizona marijuana businesses.
- Represented four related sellers of a large East Valley retail produce business.
- Represented the seller of an online educational learning platform for John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Represented several organizing groups in their efforts to secure FDIC and other governmental agency licenses and permits to start de novo community banks.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Valley of the Sun United Way, Member (retired)
- Kids at Hope, Member (retired)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers (2011-2012)
- American Bar Association, Member, Business Law Section (1985-current)
- Arizona Bar Association, Member (1985-current)