Cameron C. Artigue
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1987
- B.A., summa cum laude, Claremont McKenna College, 1984
- Professional + Civic
Cameron is known among his colleagues and peers for his ability to talk about almost anything and make it interesting. That gift, along with his extensive legal knowledge, has no doubt contributed to the superior victory rate he’s earned among his dozens of reported appellate decisions..
Cameron is a “lawyers’ lawyer” who specializes in participating on specialty legal teams, and applying his impressive legal experience to motions and appeals. He has a particular affinity to leading appeals in the fields of private property rights, municipal affairs, incentives and development agreements. His focus areas extend to health care, administrative law and land use litigation.
Cameron is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law and the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. He has proven influential in shaping public policy through his efforts in leading court decisions related to constitutional law and government affairs.
Over the course of his career, Cameron has earned recognition by Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers. He was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as “Lawyer of the Year” in Phoenix for 2019 in the area of Litigation – Land Use and Zoning.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Turken v. Gordon, 223 Ariz. 342 (2010)
- Abbott v. Banner Health Network, 239 Ariz. 409 (2016)
- Sedona Private Property Owners Ass’n v. City of Sedona, 192 Ariz. 126 (App. 1998)
- Korte v. Bayless, 199 Ariz. 173 (2001)
- Center Bay Gardens, L.L.C. v. City of Tempe City Council, 214 Ariz. 353 (App. 2007)
- Arizona Independent Redistricting Comm’n v. Brewer, 229 Ariz. 347 (2012)
- Scenic Arizona v. City of Phoenix Board of Adjustment, 228 Ariz. 419 (App. 2011)
- Ponderosa Fire District v. Coconino County, 235 Ariz. 597 (App. 2014)
- Andrews v. Samaritan Health System, 201 Ariz. 379 (App. 2001)
- Home Builders Ass’n of Central Arizona v. City of Maricopa, 215 Ariz. 146 (App. 2007)
- Cameron is a highly sought-after appellate attorney who has represented clients in over 50 published decisions. While he didn’t “write the book” on appeals, Cameron authors a key chapter for the Arizona Appellate Handbook.
- He played an integral role in a 2006 ballot initiative, Arizona Proposition 207, known as the “Private Property Rights Protection Act,” which mandates compensation to property owners if government regulations result in a decrease in property value.
- He frequently speaks on land use and real estate topics in Arizona and nationally.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business, Adjunct Professor
- Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Arizona Theater Company, Board Volunteer
- Valley Presbyterian Church Foundation, Trustee
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member