- Professional + Civic
Manjula is a member in the Zoning and Land Use planning and Real Estate areas of the firm. She is also the Practice Group Chair of the Zoning and Land Use Department. Her practice focuses on zoning and land use, including master planned zoning approvals (specific plans, planned area developments, planned community developments), rezoning approvals, general plan amendments, variances, conditional and special use permits, zoning interpretations and violations, and zoning due diligence.
In addition, Manjula assists clients with the negotiation and implementation of development agreements, GPLETs and other development-related agreements She frequently appears before planning commissions and city councils on behalf of clients regarding zoning and development projects. In addition, she serves as outside counsel to the Maricopa County Stadium District.
Manjula teaches land use law in the Master of Real Estate Program at Arizona State University. She is an active member of the Urban Land Institute. She was the co-chair of AZ ULI Trends Day and served as the Chair of AZ ULI Trends Day 2021.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Represented a major entertainment destination developer with respect to Tempe Marketplace, an open-air shopping center located along the Salt River in Tempe.
- Currently represents a real estate land owner in the development of the Athletic Facilities District, a 300-acre area surrounding Arizona State University that will be redeveloped over the next 20 years.
- Represented the Town of Queen Creek with its zoning rewrite.
- Represented DMB Associates with respect to Eastline Village, a new urban master-planned community concept in Tempe.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Maricopa County Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Arizona Multi-Housing Association, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tempe Community Action Agency, Board Member
- Friends of the Tempe Center for the Art, Volunteer