- This event has passed.
Julie Pace to Lead Employment Law & Risk Management Seminar
December 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
G&B Partner Julie A. Pace will be presenting to the Arizona Landscape Contractors Association on Thursday, December 5th!
During this seminar she will discuss the following topics:
- Handbook policies to protect your company
- Hiring, discipline, and terminations
- Handling DOL wage and hour and Davis-Bacon audits
- Handling OSHA site inspections and audits.
- How to conduct your own internal wage and hour audit and the biggest issues that DOL is auditing, including:
- minimum wage, overtime, piece rate pay, and time cards
- travel time
- deductions from pay
- classifying workers as employees versus independent contractors
- classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt from overtime and the new regulations that are changing the white collar exemptions
- How to conduct your own internal I-9 and E-Verify audit, including the most common mistakes made on the I-9 form and how to correct them;
- How the DOJ IER can pursue discrimination claims if your company asks for specific documents or for additional documents or does not handle the I-9 or E-Verify process correctly.
If you are interested in attending, please click here!
- December 5, 2019
9:00 am - 11:30 am
5425 E Bell Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Gammage & Burnham Member Heather J. Boysel Named to AzBusiness “Who’s Who in Healthcare 2023”
- Gammage & Burnham Adds Attorneys Chloe Plaisance and Evan Russell to the Team
- Gammage & Burnham Makes Two Contributions at University of Arizona Law, to Support A New Day in Court and Establish Endowed Scholarship
- See all news