- This event has passed.
Julie Pace and David Selden Present “Employee Internal Investigations: The Ultimate Legal Guide” For The NBI
February 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
A Practical Guide to the Latest Employee Internal Investigation Legal Issues
Internal investigations of employee misconduct are fraught with legal pitfalls. It is essential to recognize these traps in order to preserve attorney-client privilege, avoid future lawsuits and more. In this essential legal overview of conducting employee internal investigations, our experienced attorney faculty will walk you through the investigation process and illuminate the top pitfalls that employers fall into. Ensure internal investigations protect the legal rights of all parties while mitigating the potential for future lawsuits – register today!
- Identify legal trends, hot-button issues and the latest legal challenges being faced right now with internal investigations, including #MeToo issues and discrimination.
- Ensure attorney-client privilege and the work-product doctrine are preserved while conducting internal investigations.
- Analyze investigation procedures to reduce the chances for real or perceived interviewer bias.
- Spot investigation procedure cracks that have the potential to cause serious legal difficulties down the road.
- Create legally defensible paper trails that fully document the rationale behind termination decisions.
- Evaluate internal investigation results and determine whether potential exists for retaliation, wrongful discharge or other claims.
- Strategically use the results of internal investigation in discovery, depositions and other litigation procedures.
- February 1, 2021
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Gammage & Burnham Member Heather J. Boysel Named to AzBusiness “Who’s Who in Healthcare 2023”
- Gammage & Burnham Adds Attorneys Chloe Plaisance and Evan Russell to the Team
- Gammage & Burnham Makes Two Contributions at University of Arizona Law, to Support A New Day in Court and Establish Endowed Scholarship
- See all news