Melissa Posner Jarrett
- Professional + Civic
Melissa Posner Jarrett is a labor and employment attorney with Gammage & Burnham. She collaborates with employers to ensure that policies and procedures adhere to applicable laws and regulations. Melissa has also defended employers in litigation involving various labor and employment issues, including cases associated with the National Labor Relations Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, Family Medical Leave Act and Equal Pay Act matters in both state and federal courts and federal administrative agencies. She was selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List a a result of this work in both 2019 and 2020.
Before joining Gammage & Burnham, Melissa externed for the Honorable Stephen McNamee of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. She then served as a law clerk to the Honorable Peter Swann of the Arizona Court of Appeals of the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division 1, and to the Honorable Robert Brutinel of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Editor, “Employment at Will: A State-by-State Survey, Second Edition and 2018 Supplement”
- Editor, “Independent Contractors: Arizona, Practical Law Labor & Employment,” 2018
- Obtained summary judgment for an employer on claims alleging violations under the Americans With Disabilities Act and Fair Employment and Housing Act in California.
- Assisted in conducting an internal investigation on allegations of hostile work environment for a publicly-traded company.
- Regularly represents employers in responding to administrative charges of discrimination filed by current and former employees.
- Regularly counsels employers on employment policies and day-to-day issues that arise
Professional & Community Involvement
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) Accelerator Arizona
- Desert Botanical Garden Emerging Leaders
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Board Member
- CLE Committee of the Arizona State Bar Labor & Employment Section