- Professional + Civic
Kevin has significant experience in asset and financial recovery. His legal expertise shines when dealing with creditors’ rights, but also includes notable experience in the commercial lending and real estate practice areas with respect to title issues and contract disputes.
Kevin most often represents lenders in enforcing the terms of a loan, which may include foreclosure proceedings, receiverships for collateral and collection from debtors. He has more than 30 years of experience working with lenders in different types of bankruptcy cases, from chapter 7 to chapter 13 and every one in between. His portfolio of successfully executed collection remedies includes replevins, asset levies, garnishments in pre- and post- judgment circumstances, and charging orders. Kevin is also well-versed in managing post-judgment litigation that may include fraudulent transfers or actions designed to “pierce the corporate veil” and hold owners personally liable for debts of their companies.
Kevin also helps contractors in the construction industry who deal with mechanic liens and bond claims.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Transaction Privilege Tax Update, Southwest Business Credit Services (2018)
- Arizona Construction Law Book, HLK Global Communications (2015)
- State Bar of Arizona publication Arizona Civil Remedies, co-authored chapter (2015)
- Paid When Paid Clauses in Construction Contracts, Southwest Business Credit Services (2015)
- Judgment Enforcement, Lorman Education Services (2002 – 2014)
- Mechanic’s Liens and Bond Claims, Yavapai County Contractors Association (2012)
- Negotiation Strategies, National Association of Credit Managers (2011)
- Getting Your Money – General Prejudgment and Postjudgment Remedies, Chapter in State Bar Arizona Civil Remedies (3rd Ed. 2011), Co-Author
- Regularly offers perspective on lender judgments, mechanic liens and bond claims, and negotiation strategies for clients in the finance and credit industries
- Honored with For Love of Justice Pro Bono Award for providing community legal services
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- Mountain Park Health Center Pro Bono Legal Advisor