Jonathan A. Bennett
- J.D., University of Michigan, 2008
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 2005
- Professional + Civic
For about fifteen years, Jon’s practice has focused on real estate and business transactions.
Jon represents a wide range of clients, including commercial home builders, investors, developers, lenders, and other small business owners in connection with their business and finance matters and is well-versed on residential and commercial real estate use and development. Jon also represents small business owners in connection with the sale of their business or purchase of another business.
His days are mostly spent negotiating transaction documents, quarterbacking closings, and conducting due diligence, which includes title and survey issues. Jon also provides counsel on corporate governance, including business formations, operating and shareholder agreements, minutes and buy-out arrangements.
Jon has been recognized by Chambers USA for his work in Real Estate.
When he’s not in the office, Jon can be found spending time with his wife and four children, watching college football, or cooking.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Introduction to Title and Survey Review: Land development team of a publicly traded homebuilder (2015)
- Introduction to Title and Survey Review: Land development team of a publicly traded homebuilder (2014)
- OMG! We Own What?, The Arizona Banker (with Patricia Nolan) (2011)
- What’s In A Name? A Potential Financing Statement Pitfall, The Arizona Banker (with Randall Dalton) (2011)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Lambda Alpha International Pathfinder Steering Committee, Chair
- Arizona State Bar Business Law and Real Estate Sections, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Laveen Village Planning Committee, Former Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Phoenix Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” Class of 2018