- Professional + Civic
Jon’s practice focuses on business and real estate law, offering his expertise on issues related to commercial lending, business organizations and commercial transactions. His broad transactional experience encompasses real estate purchases and sales, commercial leases and asset-secured term loans. Jon is well-versed in the ins and outs of commercial and residential real estate development.
He often represents national banks, lending institutions, commercial home builders and contractors and other small business owners in their finance and business matters. Those matters include negotiating transaction documentation, quarterbacking closings, and conducting due diligence, which includes title and survey issues. Jon also provides counsel on corporate governance, including business formations, operating and shareholder agreements, minutes and buy-out arrangements.
When he’s not in the office, Jon can be found spending time with his wife and four children, watching college football, or cooking.
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Introduction to Title and Survey Review: Land development team of a publicly traded homebuilder (2015)
- Introduction to Title and Survey Review: Land development team of a publicly traded homebuilder (2014)
- OMG! We Own What?, The Arizona Banker (with Patricia Nolan) (2011)
- What’s In A Name? A Potential Financing Statement Pitfall, The Arizona Banker (with Randall Dalton) (2011)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Lambda Alpha International Pathfinder Steering Committee, Chair
- Arizona State Bar Business Law and Real Estate Sections, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Laveen Village Planning Committee, Former Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Phoenix Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” Class of 2018