- Professional + Civic
Jeff’s practice centers around commercial real estate and financial transactions, primarily focusing on the representation of institutional and individual investors, developers, and lenders in retail, office, apartment and industrial leasing, purchase and sale transactions, construction and term loans, property management issues, homeowners’ associations, development agreements, master-planned communities and all issues related to property development.
Jeff also regularly represents clients who are forming joint ventures related to acquiring and developing real estate projects, including projects involving structuring public-private partnerships to redevelop blighted and previously undeveloped in-fill areas within local municipalities.
Prior to earning his J.D. with honors from the University of Arizona, where he served as a writer and editor of the Arizona Law Review, Jeff received his undergraduate degree in music from Arizona State University. He is a member of the State Bar of Arizona, American Bar Association and International Council of Shopping Centers.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Marketing, Managing, Leasing, and Legal Issues Surrounding Small Centers, ICSC Conference (2014)
- Selling REO – Beware of the Hidden Tax, The Arizona Banker (2010)
- Represented a national airline in connection with the development of its corporate headquarters in Tempe, Arizona.
- Represented a major insurance company in the acquisition and development of its Western Regional Headquarters in North Phoenix.
- Represented an international real estate development company in the acquisition and redevelopment of the failed Elevation Chandler project in Chandler, Arizona.
- Represented a national retail developer and operator in the development and lease-up of two regional shopping centers located in Mesa and Gilbert, Arizona.
- Represented a large regional banking institution in connection with a $175 million revolving credit facility to a local homebuilder.
- Regularly represents a car wash operator in the acquisition and development of multiple express car wash sites located in Arizona and Southern California.
- Represents a local land development company in the development of multiple master- planned communities in Arizona.
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- American Cancer Society of Arizona, Pro Bono Counsel
- Arizona State University, Adjunct Professor
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- Phoenix Boys Choir, Board of Trustees Past Chair
- American Cancer Society Arizona Division, Former Pro Bono Counsel
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix, Former Pro Bono Counsel