- Professional + Civic
Camila focuses her practice in administrative law and government relations. She has extensive experience in both the public and private sector, and prepares her clients to navigate successfully the complex procedures and rules of federal, state, and local agencies. She also assists her clients in shaping legislative policy when current statutes and rules require amending.
Camila is well-versed in licensing and the regulatory landscapes of the alcohol and hospitality industries. She works with a wide range of producers, wholesalers, trade groups and retail establishments to ensure that her clients are at the forefront of industry practices. Camila has lobbied for the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild since 2013, and helped secure the passage of the Arizona Beer Bill in 2015.
Camila handles a number of administrative matters, cases, and appeals across a diverse array of industries, including those before the Arizona Department of Real Estate, the Arizona Department of Gaming, the Arizona Corporation Commission, the Arizona Department of Transportation, the Arizona Department of Insurance, the Arizona Racing Commission, and various professional licensing boards.
- Arizona Supreme Court, 2003
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2006
- Black Star Farms, LLC v. Oliver, 544 F. Supp. 2d 913 (D. Ariz. 2008), aff’d, 600 F.3d 1225 (9th Cir. 2010).
- Gelb v. Department of Fire, Building and Life Safety, 241 P.3d 512 (Ariz. App. 2010).
- Simms v. Arizona Racing Commission, 250 Ariz. 554 (2021).
Professional & Community Involvement
- Adjunct Professor, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Celebración Artistica de las Americas (CALA) Alliance, Board Member
- State Bar of Arizona Administrative Law, Executive Council 2011-2016, 2018-2022, Chair 2014-2015, 2020-2021
- State Bar of Arizona Study Group on Judicial Review of Administrative Decisions Rules, 2016
- Administrative Law Advisory Commission, State Bar of Arizona, 2019-2022
- Valley Partnership, Chair of State Legislation Committee