Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Visit us online at www.GBLaw.com
“My summer clerkship experience gave me the opportunity to improve my writing skills through various types of writing assignments and meaningful feedback. I was also given the chance to learn about each of our practice areas through the ‘Partner of the Week’ program. I selected Gammage & Burnham for my clerkship based on my interest in health care law and the firm’s outstanding reputation in this area. I found the partners to be very down to earth and felt a mid-size firm would provide me with the ability to get a more hands-on experience as a new attorney.”
– Heather Boysel, Associate
“I joined Gammage & Burnham because I enjoy the entrepreneurial and collegial atmosphere the firm fosters. The firm is big enough to attract the same caliber of work as a large firm, yet small enough to give me the opportunity to develop meaningful legal experience quickly. Even as a new associate, Gammage & Burnham has given me significant responsibility and autonomy, allowing me to play a role in shaping outcomes for our clients.”
– Chris Hering, Associate
Our Summer Clerk program lets you experience what it’s like to be an associate of the firm. Consider the following:
- Our summer clerks are exposed to all of the firm’s practice areas, and you can request assignments from practice areas in which you are interested.
- You will be challenged with substantive assignments, each of which is reviewed and graded to provide meaningful feedback.
- Clerk classes are kept small to give you the opportunity to meet and work with as many of our attorneys as possible.
- In addition to the practice areas found at most mid-size firms, we have unique, highly regarded niche practices including election law, zoning and land use, and health care.
- Our attorneys will work with you one-on-one to assist your training and development.
- Phoenix offers a wealth of sports, recreation, arts, culture, dining, lodging and financial opportunities. Our beautiful weather means you can enjoy activities year-round.
- Our Summer Clerk program is our main source of new associates. We select our clerks with the goal they will one day become members of the firm.
Each fall we recruit second-year students through on-campus interviews across the nation. If we are not scheduled to visit your campus, please email a cover letter, résumé, transcript and writing sample to our Recruiting Coorindator Sharon Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. First-year students are recruited as needed each winter, and must show outstanding academic credentials and existing ties to Arizona.